Monday, January 18, 2010

I LOVE long weekends! Especially when I get to spend them with people I love the most!

Friday night, Kyle had a basketball game. His team won! I am so proud of him! He is a wonderful coach and those kids love him! I road with some friends to the game to support my husband! I love sitting in the stands watching him coach....knowing that he is such an amazing person and loves his job - even when people criticize him for the job he does!

Saturday morning, I got up and drove to Athens to see my BEST friend Mrs. LAH! It was so much fun to catch up! We don't see each other much but when we do....we have so much fun together! We went to Wal*mart and got me Wii Fit Plus (which I am so excited about) first! Then we ate at this great Mexican restaurant! We sat and talked about all that has been going on in our lives lately! I am so PROUD of her! She also went to school to become a teacher and this is her first year teaching and she is AMAZING! She is doing such a good job as a fifth grade teacher and I look up to her so much! If I get a job somewhere teaching 5th grade...I know who I am going to call! We also went by her classroom for me to use her Cricut to cut some letters out! Yes, I have one, but I have the first one they created and it is small! I love hers!! I want one so bad! I keep telling Kyle how bad I want one thinking maybe it will help me get it! :) I hated to leave cause I was having so much fun but I was ready to see Kyle! Once I got home, he was working at a basketball game so I broke-in the new Wii Fit Plus!

Sunday was a fun day! I slept late, so we missed church....but we still said our prayers! We took a friends' daughter, one of our flower girls, June Bug to the movies for her birthday! We went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Squeakual! It was very cute! We also got to see Kyle's brother, sister-in-law, nephew and neice! They were at their lake house in Eatonton so we stopped by on the way home from the movie! Kayln and Ginny Grace had a blast playing together! We had not been home long when my cell phone rang....it was Coach H. (our AD - also my principals husband) and they wanted us to go to dinner! We always have so much fun with them! They have been wonderful mentors to us over the last 3 years and we look forward to the years to come!!

Today was a fun husband/wife day! Kyle had his 3rd laser treatment this morning, so off to Macon we went! The treatment didn't take as long as we thought so when he was finished, we went shopping for Kyle some jeans and me some boots! Jeans - check.....Boots - no luck! Oh well, I'll get some one day! We then used our Chili's gift card for lunch (which was very YUMMY!) We then headed home to spend the afternoon together with Sadie! We napped, cleaned the house, played Wii, and just spent time together which is scarce when you are a coach's wife (but I love every minute of it!)

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Have a wonderful 4 day work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment