Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This is my first blog. Seems like everyone is doing it....so I thought why not?!?! This will be a great way to vent and get thinks off my mind and chest.

Today has been a rough one. Kyle went to the doctor for the results of his test today. He found out that his cancer is back. Those of you who don't know, Kyle had Basal Cell Carcinoma two years ago on his face. He had surgery and did radiation in 2007. He has not had any problems since then. About 2 months ago, a place came up on his face and we thought he had just scratched himself. He already had an appointment for a check-up with the doctor who did his surgery last time. When the doctor saw it, he said "it was more than likely the same thing." So, the did a biopsy and the doctor was right. I found all this out at school today because he would not let me go with him...HARD HEADED MAN!!! He is having surgery April 27. Please keep him in your prayers. I know that everything is going to be ok and we will make it through this. I am just tired of hearing the words...."I have cancer!" I have heard those words too many times in my lifetime. I also ask that everyone support your local Relay for Life. If you are not currently involved in a relay, PLEASE try to get involved. I would love for a cure for cancer to be found in my lifetime!

All of the above evolved around lunch time....needless to say, my lunch was not eaten. After lunch, I was sitting in the office, talking to a friend (I had to get out of my classroom. I didn't want to cry in front of the kids). Well, the phone rang, so I answered it....at the primary school, everyone has multiple job titles. As I was hanging up the phone, this child comes in asking for the nurse (who was at lunch). He said his teacher thought he had a fever, so, I took his temp....no fever. He then proceeded to tell me that he "thinks his teacher thinks he has a fever because he has stress. A little girl in my class is causing me stress. She won't leave me alone." I asked, "Did you tell your teacher she is giving you stress?" His response, "No, it just started at lunch." I am biting my tongue at this point so I don't laugh in his face. I tell him he doesn't have a fever, to go back to lunch and tell a montior that he needs to not sit by that little girl. About that time, the assistant principal comes out of her office and asks what I'm doing. I'm thinking, "Great, she thinks I'm not doing my job." No, that wasn't it at all.......she needed me to witness something......a paddling!!! All of these activities at school helped get my mind of the matter at hand.

Life is GREAT and I am so in love! Kyle and I will make it through this with the help of our friends, family, and GOD!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally praying for you and Kyle! I love you Courtney! and am here for you if you need me!!! - JamieAmber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will put ya'll in my prayers! Ya'll still have paddlings! Our blog is howardsmithhomestories.blogspot.com

    I am working on it right now so excuse the mess!

    ReplyDelete