Thursday, April 30, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

Where to start…. Well, I tried updating my blog on Sunday after the shower and the internet went down. And the internet has been in and out all week.
Saturday was a blast! We had so much fun with the people who have taken us in as family/friends in Monticello. We got some great gifts from some great people on top of the fun time! We wish some of our other friends could have been there too, but everyone lives so far away! They will be there for the most important day which is 52 days away!!! That is all that matters!
Sunday was a busy day. We got up and drove to Macon to do some shopping. We needed things for us and I had to get some stuff to complete Brittney’s baby shower gift from Mrs. Debby and me! I am making something really cute for her and I hope she likes it! As soon as the shower is here, I will put pictures of my creation on here. We met Greg, Heather, and the kids at Olive Garden for lunch. We haven’t seen them since spring break. Lunch was really good but we didn’t get to stay and chat long because Heather had a meeting and I had a wedding shower to go to. When we got home from Macon, Kyle’s parents were at our house. I ran in and spoke and went to Eatonton to the shower. His parents came down for his surgery that was on Monday. I was nervous about it.
Monday morning, we got up at 5:30 to get ready to go to Macon for his surgery. This procedure was the lesser of the two procedures to get rid of the cancer. They had to do 2 cuts to get it all…but they did get it all!! They also told him no radiation this time!! That was good news. We thought that they would close the hole up on Tuesday, but the plastic surgeon could not close it until Wednesday. So, Tuesday I went back to work. I was exhausted and I am getting a cold. My kids were glad to see me which made me happy! The day was long and I was ready to be at home. When I got home it was time to get ready for Wednesday and surgery again.

Wednesday was a long day. We arrived at the hospital at 11:30 to do pre-addmission testing. As soon as that was over, we went straight to the day surgery wing of the hospital. They put us straight in a room to get him ready. The nurse came in around 1:15 to get the IV started and begin the fluids. About 1:45 the nurse came to take him to the holding area for the OR. Then the waiting began. This was the hardest and longest time of my life. Around 3, the phone in the room rang and they told me he was still in the holding area...had not been to the OR yet! So, all that time that we had been waiting was really for nothing. Again the phone rang at 4 and they told us he was in the OR and he was doing fine. So, the wait began again. The doctor came to the room around 5:30 to tell us how the surgery went. He did great. They opened the old scar and pull the skin to cover the hole. So, no skin graft and no new scar. (Not that I would care! I just care that he is here!) The doctor told us he would be in recovery for about an hour and a half. Well, at 8 pm(2.5 hours later) I was finally able to see him and bring him home. He slept most of the night, but the time he did get up so did I just to make sure he was ok. So, not a lot of sleep! But I stayed home today with him and we both rested! He is doing great! Not in a lot of pain. I guess I will go back to work tomorrow....2 out of 5 days this week, thats not too bad!

Hope everyone had a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment