Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Sadie

Many of you know that we have a member of the family that is very important to us! Her name is Sadie and she is a bassett hound. She is two years old today!!

We got her in March before Kyle and I got married in June and she is like a child to us! We love her so much! Whitney loves her too! She can be fussing and Sadie will bark and Whtiney calms down (it's the weirdest thing....you would think it would be the other way around....her bark would make her cry). Sadie always makes sure Whitney is ok! She will sit at her feet and make sure nothing happens to her! She is so sweet! We were worried about how Sadie would react when we brought Whitney home but it has calmed her down a lot and she has donw so good!

We have had a few times that we wanted to send her away cause she was so wild or chewed up a sock or a pacifier or a diaper....but I cannot imagine not having her! We almost didn't have her....she will run out the back door if she has a chance. Kyle has always found her though. Sunday night, when all the rain/sleet/snow was starting, she ran out the door and we couldn't catch her. Kyle had to run to the store to get a few things and while he was gone, I kept checking the back porch to see if she would show up. She never did! I knew that with the weather the way it was and it being so dark, that Kyle would not be able to find her if she wasn't close and in the open (there are some woods behind our house - so thought she may be in there). When he got home, he rode through the yard and then around the block to see if he saw her....luckily, he did!! I was so relieved!! If he had not found her, she would have died in the weather, because she is so spoiled!! Sometimes, I think life would be easier without her (especially when Whitney gets older and we have to tell her Sadie has died.....it will be so hard because Sadie has always been part of her family). But knowing she was out there and that we may never see her again broke my heart!! I was holding back the tears....usually I cry as soon as she goes out the door....When Kyle walked back in and told me that she was on her chain outside, a huge relief came over me. I know some people think we are crazy but Sadie is family and we love her!


This is my family....plus Whitney :) This was during maternity pictures
She loves Kyle and gets so excited when he comes home!
Bev took a picture of Sadie when we were doing maternity pictures

Sadie in the snow

Happy Birthday, Sadie! We love you! Mama, Daddy, and Whitney



No comments:

Post a Comment